Privacy and Data Use Policy
For the purposes of the following Privacy and Data Use Policy, the following terms are defined below:
Account Information: Personal information specifically related to a zlien user’s account, including name, address, telephone number, and email address, as well as service-related details such as payment data or similar information.
Aggregate Information: Information grouped by zlien into anonymous sets of information. The sets may contain specific information, but the information is aggregated and/or randomized such that the information does not specifically identify the user or visitor from whom the information is gathered.
Anonymous Information: Information that does not specifically identify, and cannot be reasonably used to identify, any specific and particular user or visitor.
General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):The GDPR (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all residents of European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU. The General Data Protection Regulation goes into effect on May 25, 2018, for all companies based out of the EU and for all companies that do business in the EU.
Further, to ensure that the personal information of any EU citizen is not used or processed in error, zlien shall perform weekly purges of any such information to the extent any such information exists.
Any EU resident or citizen may request a copy of all personal information in the possession of zlien at any time.
Personal Information: Information that does specifically identify, or can be reasonably used to identify, any specific and particular user or visitor.
Project Information: Information about the projects entered into our system or otherwise provided to us by any means, including but not limited to the following: manual entry by you or us; provided through a spreadsheet or document of any type; provided directly to our system through use of an API; or provided to us by a third-party. Project information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, project address/location, your role in the project, the project type, the amount due, the party that hired you (and its role in the project), contact or other information about other interested parties (property owner, lender, surety, tenant, etc.), the first and/or last dates of your furnishing labor and/or materials to the project, the start and/or completion dates of the project as a whole, and the labor and/or materials provided. Further, for some projects, additional data will be collected, such as, but not necessarily limited to, copies of invoices and/or contract documents.
Public Information: Information that is available to the general public, is a matter of public record, or can be determined by a member of the general public with reasonable effort and requiring no specialized knowledge.
Scrubbed Information: Information that was previously Personal Information, but which has been scrubbed of details that specifically identify, or can be reasonably used to identify, any specific and particular user or visitor.
Third-Party Information: Information about zlien users and non-users may be provided to zlien on a third-party basis. This information may include Personal Information, Public Information, and/or Project Information. Information is considered third-party information when the party providing the information to zlien is neither zlien nor the party to whom the information relates. For example, if zlien user ABC Company uses the zlien platform to track a project and send a Notice of Intent to Lien to PO Property Owner and XYZ Company, stating that ABC Company performed work on P Project and is unpaid by XYZ Company 60 days after invoice date, the information that XYZ Company is a party on P Project and has an outstanding debt 60 days past due is third-party information as related to XYZ Company. The information that the 60-day past due invoice is from, and owed to, ABC Company is Personal Information of ABC Company.
Usage Information: Information about how you use our products and our services, including information such as your order history.
User: A visitor who has a zlien user account or login information, or who is affiliated with a company who has a zlien user account or login information, or who provides any information to zlien in order to receive any piece of zlien delivered content.
Visitor: Anyone who visits any page of zlien’s website or views other zlien created content, including but not limited to, articles, blog posts, infographics or other visual or audio resources, webinars, or white papers.
Website: Means any and all pages of zlien.com, no matter what device is used to access any specific page.
Information zlien collects includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Account Information
- Anonymous Information
- Usage Information
- Project Information
- Personal Information
- Public Information
Some users may provide additional Information, including but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- A/R Data & Aging Reports:This includes information regarding your outstanding accounts receivable, including but not necessarily limited to, customers with outstanding accounts, amount of outstanding accounts, billing date, and age of outstanding accounts. A/R Data & Aging Reports contain both Personal and Third-Party Information. zlien’s use of information contained in A/R Data and/or Aging reports provided by users to zlien is determined by the nature of the information, such that Personal Information is governed by zlien’s use of Personal Information under this Policy, and Third-Party Information is governed by zlien’s use of Third-Party Information under this Policy.
Information grouped by zlien into Aggregate Information and/or other randomized information may originally have been any of the above defined information types, excluding Account Information.
We collect your information in multiple ways, including, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- We get information from you when you create an account with us;
- We get information from you when you purchase products and/or services from us;
- We get information from you when projects are entered into our system or otherwise provided to us;
- We get information from you directly when you provide us with project information, A/R Reports, Aging Reports, or any other document;
- Other customers may provide your information to us;
By using zlien’s products, and/or services, and/or website, including resources, webinars, charts, infographics, articles, white papers, and/or other information or support, you expressly agree to allow zlien to use any of your information collected for the following purposes:
- Providing services and improving your customer experience;
- Sending you any necessary bills or invoices for charges incurred;
- Responding to your questions or providing you support;
- Performing research and analysis to maintain, develop, and improve our system, products, services, resources, and/or other offerings;
- Providing you information about zlien’s system, updates, offers and promotions;
- Creating External Marketing & Analytics Reports;
zlien uses services that enable us to monitor and utilize web traffic that can be used to keep track of user or visitor behavior. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. that utilizes data collected to track and examine a visitor or users use of zlien, to prepare reports on these uses and activities and to share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. Personal data collected includes cookie, browsing and usage data. zlien uses the following Google products: YouTube, Analytics, Adwords, AdSense, GooglePlus, Gmail, WebmasterTools, Drive, and specifically uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show the company’s ads on sites across the Internet. zlien and third party vendors, including Google, use first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to this website. You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preference Manager, as well as the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Aggregate Information, Anonymous Information, Third-Party Information, Scrubbed Information, and Public Information may be used or shared by zlien for all legal purposes in any manner zlien sees fit including, but not limited to:
- Internal research and analyses;
- External marketing, analytics, project reports, and/or other reports or data that we may sell to other companies for their own uses, whether the information in these reports or data is aggregate, or anonymous / public individual information;
- Calculation of zlien developed metrics designed to provide information related to the credit or other financial risk of a certain construction project or project participant, produced by zlien for sale to, or use of, third parties.
Personal Information may be shared:
- With companies associated or affiliated with zlien that perform services on our behalf as needed for them to perform those services. zlien requires these companies to protect your information on a basis consistent with our Policy.
- To comply with court orders which compel zlien to produce information;
- To enforce our agreements and property rights;
- To obtain payment for products and services, whether the collection attempt is internal to zlien, outsourced, or sold or transferred to a third party for collection.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, zlien does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to outside parties.
If you have entered into a separate Confidentiality Agreement with zlien the terms of that agreement will control over the terms of this Policy when they are in disagreement.
If you have entered into a separate Data Use Agreement with zlien in which you have given zlien greater use of your Personal Information, the terms of that Agreement will control over the terms of this Policy when they are in disagreement.
zlien protects your information by:
- Password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information;
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the internet securely
- Use of a secured server
zlien has taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Update Profile’ page.
zlien is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), therefore, we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
zlien is compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information.
By specifically checking the box that you have read, understand, and agree to this Privacy and Data Use Policy, and continuing to use our website and/or our products and/or services, you agree to this Privacy and Data Use Policy and to the use of your data or information as allowed therein.
1121 Josephine Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130 United States
If at anytime you have a cause that needs to be disputed please fill out the zlien Privacy or Information Dispute Form, and you will be contacted shortly.