Debb & Derkin, P.A., a law firm practicing construction law in Florida and filing construction liens in that state, published an article listing the Top 10 Construction Lien Errors.
While the article and Top 10 listing is related to Florida lien laws, since most lien laws in the U.S. are substantially similar, the same errors appear time and time again on liens across the nation.
The Top 10 Lien Errors highlight by Mr. Debb in the article are:
- Failure to Timely Serve Notice to the Owner
- Failure to Serve Notices on Proper Parties
- Failure to Serve Notices by Proper Method
- Contingent Payment Clauses
- Overstatement of Amounts Due and Owing
- Failure to Respond to Sworn Statement Requests
- Failure to Timely File a Claim of Lien
- Failure to Provide Copy of Claim of Lien
- Failure to Foreclose on Claim of Lien within Time Required by Statutes
- Failure to Secure Proper Licensing
Zlien, Inc. is experienced in filing construction liens in states across the country, and ensuring that your lien is filed professionally and accurately. Trust your next construction lien to our professionals.
It’s why we say: Lien Smarter…Get Paid.